Sunday, 24 August 2025

DAY 230: Qasas 29-42

  •  When Moses had completed the term and was travelling with his family, he spotted a fire on the side of Mount Ṭûr. He said to his family, “Stay here, ˹for˺ I have spotted a fire. Perhaps from there I can bring you some directions or a torch from the fire so you may warm yourselves.” But when he came to it, he was called from the bush in the sacred ground to the right side of the valley: “O Moses! It is truly I. I am Allah—the Lord of all worlds. Now, throw down your staff!” But when he saw it slithering like a snake, he ran away without looking back. ˹Allah reassured him,˺ “O Moses! Draw near, and have no fear. You are perfectly secure. Now put your hand through ˹the opening of˺ your collar, it will come out ˹shining˺ white, unblemished. And cross your arms tightly to calm your fears. These are two proofs from your Lord to Pharaoh and his chiefs. They have truly been a rebellious people.” Moses appealed, “My Lord! I have indeed killed a man from them, so I fear they may kill me. And my brother Aaron is more eloquent than I, so send him with me as a helper to support what I say, for I truly fear they may reject me.” Allah responded, “We will assist you with your brother and grant you both authority, so they cannot harm you. With Our signs, you and those who follow you will ˹certainly˺ prevail.” But when Moses came to them with Our clear signs, they said ˹arrogantly˺, “This is nothing but conjured magic ˹tricks˺. We have never heard of this in ˹the history of˺ our forefathers.” Moses responded, “My Lord knows best who has come with ˹true˺ guidance from Him and will fare best in the end. Indeed, the wrongdoers will never succeed.” Pharaoh declared, “O chiefs! I know of no other god for you but myself. So bake bricks out of clay for me, O  Hamân, and build a high tower so I may look at the God of Moses, although I am sure he is a liar.” And so he and his soldiers behaved arrogantly in the land with no right, thinking they would never be returned to Us. So We seized him and his soldiers, casting them into the sea. See then what was the end of the wrongdoers! We made them leaders inviting ˹others˺ to the Fire. And on the Day of Judgment they will not be helped. We caused a curse to follow them in this world. And on the Day of Judgment they will be among the outcasts.
    (
        Divine Commissioning: Allah chooses and prepares His messengers, equipping them with clear signs and support tailored to the challenges they will face.
        Humanity of Prophets: Prophets like Musa have human fears and limitations, but their strength lies in their reliance on Allah and their wisdom in seeking help.
        The Pattern of Denial:
    Arrogant powers consistently reject truth by dismissing it as magic, sorcery, or innovation, showing that their rejection is not intellectual but rooted in pride and a desire to maintain power.
        The Ultimate Failure of Arrogance:
    The story serves as a eternal reminder that no matter how powerful a tyrant seems, their defiance of Allah guarantees their destruction in this world and their humiliation in the Hereafter.
        
        Allah equips His chosen messengers with undeniable signs and supportive allies, yet those steeped in arrogance will dismiss divine truth as mere sorcery, ensuring their own ultimate destruction in both this world and the next.

    )

No comments:

Post a Comment

DAY 598: Nur 35-40

 Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. His light is like a niche in which there is a lamp, the lamp is in a crystal, the crystal ...